Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Past Week

Last Monday, I went shopping for a dress to wear to Kelly M.'s wedding with Kelly R.  (Too many Kellys!)  We started at the outlet mall, and I ended up with this dress from the J. Crew outlet store for only sixty bucks:


I also got some goldish T-strap wedges with a bit of fringe of which I'll have to take a picture this week.  At Target I got a plain white cardigan to wear outside during the ceremony since it's only April and I have a feeling I'm going to get cold!  I know you're not supposed to wear white to a wedding, but I figured since it was just a cardigan that it should be okay.  Also at Target I got some earrings and a necklace that are mostly fake silver with a few fake pearls.  Hooray for cheap jewelry.

 The middle portion of my week was pretty boring and normal.  Pretty much the only noteworthy thing from the week was that I was totally craving Ats-a-Nice Pizza and ordered it twice in the same week, only two days apart.  And on that middle day I ate leftovers from the night before.  Yum, pizza!  Friday night I was out again with Kelly R. for some Applebee's.  I ate way too much and had way too many margaritas but it was definitely fun.  We always have a great time!

Saturday night I went with Scott and some of his coworkers to a Wolves game (they're the AHL team here).  After the first period, the score was 1-1, but the visiting team scored 5 times in the second period so the Wolves ended up losing 6-1.  I had been to see them one other time last season with some girls from work, and the home team won that game.  It was kind of disappointing to be there for a loss.  During the third period, when it was clear they were going to lose, the camera focused on one girl chugging her whole cup of beer so she was up on the big screen.  Everyone in the stands had a great reaction, so after that the camera crew found several more people holding beer, and when each was on the screen, he or she chugged his whole cup, much to the delight of the crowd.  I guess you have to find joy somehow when your team is losing.  Also, during one of the intermission games, there was a surprise proposal that a guy had all planned out for his girlfriend.  It was pretty cute!  So overall it was a fun night even though the home team got stomped.

In other news, Kitty is feeling a bit under the weather so I am going to have to call the vet tomorrow even though she was just there a couple weeks ago.  She has hardly been eating anything and has been super lethargic, both of which are polar opposites of her normal behavior.  Starting on Saturday, she seemed to be having some trouble walking steadily, whether from being off-balance or being in pain I am not sure.  She seems wary of even jumping on the bed, so she tends to just stay there all day long, lying on my pillows.  I'm pretty worried about her, but the vet was closed for the weekend, and I wasn't sure if it was really an "emergency," so I decided to wait to call until tomorrow (Monday).  She just turned 5 last week, so she seems too young to have any major health issues.  Guess we'll have to wait a few more hours and see what the vet says.

No comments:

Post a Comment