Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

*Today was St. Patrick's day.  I didn't do anything wild and crazy, but after work I went to Chili's with Kelly and Suzie for some yummy food and drinks.  No green beer for me, but I did have some green margaritas!  They were delicious, but I always order them when I am there so I don't know if they count as anything special for the holiday.  Later on we went to go see Rango.  Since it was after 10:00 on a Thursday night in Bolingbrook, we were the only people in the theater.  This was probably a good thing because I was definitely feeling the effects of my margaritas and was laughing hysterically at the previews and most everything in the movie.

*Last year I started keeping track of all the books I read on goodreads.com.  I think my mom is my only friend on there, but anyone can be my friend if they want to be!  Mostly I just wanted to be able to look at a list to see how many books I've been reading or where I left off in a series.  One of my resolutions this year is to read more books than I read last year, which shouldn't be too hard since I only finished nine books last year (sad, I know).  I've already read seven this year; I think having the nook is helping, especially since I can check out e-books from the library website and I don't have to go to the library branch in Lockport to get the books I want.

*I don't really keep track of what movies I watch but I watch a ton.  I definitely see more movies than I read books.  There's not a lot to do close-by our apartment besides eat, shop, and go see movies, so Scott and I do a lot of that, either with just us or with friends.  I also have Netflix to watch even more!  Okay, so I'm just trying to justify the fact that in the past week I saw Battle: Los Angeles and Rango and watched Scott Pilgrim vs. the World at home.  My favorite of the three was definitely Scott Pilgrim.  It was pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment