Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kelly and Mike's Wedding Weekend

I took a lot of pictures and stole some from Kelly R. and Sabina's facebooks to put here.  I am trying to pare them down so this post isn't ridiculously long, but I have a feeling it's going to be a massive amount of pictures.

Friday afternoon, Scott and I went and picked up Kelly R. and then the three of us headed off for Starved Rock State Park.  We had already booked our hotel room at the lodge there, so once we got there we headed to our room and got ready for the ceremony, which started at 5:00.  It was pretty chilly outside, but we decided to go wait outside where the ceremony was being held.  Sabina and Helen from work arrived with their respective husbands and sat with us.  Here we are, waiting for it to start:



Eventually the music started and the mothers were seated, and then the wedding party started walking down the aisle.  We saw Kelly coming in the distance, but I was not prepared for the change in music for her journey down the aisle.  It was the Imperial March from Star Wars.  I was laughing so hard when she was walking to Mike, which isn't something that usually happens at weddings!

 


They got married...  I only cried a little bit.  It was very happy and cute.  And check out that dress!




We moved over to the lodge for the reception... I took a lot of pictures of the food and decor.  They are all on my facebook if anyone wants to look at them.  Here is the most important thing, the cake:



Okay, so Scott and I play WoW with Mike and Kelly, and they invited a few people to the wedding that we have played with online but hadn't actually met in person before.  So we finally got to meet people we talk to and play with all the time!  It was so fun!  We got a picture with Irv, Odo, and Brooks.  Kelly and Mike were also there, obviously, and another WoW player, Becky, who was a bridesmaid.  But they were off doing wedding-related things when we took this picture, or it would have been a whole WoW reunion.  Ha!



Also, I just had to include this picture of Scott because it makes me laugh every time I look at it:


After dinner, cake, toasts, etc...we moved to an adjacent room that had a dance floor.  We danced and drank a ton, and took a break after a while to go to the other room and play a fun game called Telestrations with some fun gamer people (aka nerds like us).  After the party ended, a bunch of us went out to the lobby of the lodge and played (and drank) some more.  Here I am with both Kellys, Sabina, and Helen.  I'm glad I work with such awesome people!!




I am the epitome of grace.

The next day Scott, Kelly and I met up with the newlyweds for a hike.  We checked out the top of Starved Rock and then one of the canyons.  It was much warmer on Saturday, as is evidenced by my shorts-wearing.  In fact, after a bit of hiking, I was pretty hot and wished we had thought ahead and brought water bottles.




I would like to point out that in the next picture, I am standing on the step above Scott.  And he is still that much taller than me.  No fair!


It was such a fun time and I am so glad we were able to go.  Mike and Kelly are an amazing couple and they definitely deserve to be married to each other.  I am so happy for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment