Friday, April 22, 2011

Indiana Trip!

Scott and I went to Indiana last Thursday-Sunday to visit friends and family.  It was super fun!  We did a lot in four days, and spent a lot of time in the car, but for me it was worth it.  We left Thursday afternoon to drive down to Purdue to meet Mandy and Beth.  We all ate dinner at Noodles, then walked around campus for a while.  Just being back on campus at Purdue made me so happy.  I really miss that place!


I spent a lot of time in the Union sleeping, eating, studying, hanging out.  I remember meeting Scott there when we were first dating.  Good times.


They finished Armstrong the summer before my junior year.  It's a pretty building, but sometimes I got angry at it because Scott spent so much time there.


 Hi Neil!!  Neil Armstrong...one of Purdue's many proud alumni!


I worked in the Civil Engineering building during junior and senior year (it's the one on the left), so I was in this area a lot:



 And the Bell Tower!  It makes loud noises frequently.


Our plan was to stay at Lorraine's apartment after we went out to the Cactus that night, but Lorraine didn't get off work until 11:00 so we decided to get ready in one of the Union bathrooms.  Fortunately this bathroom has a huge makeup mirror, and lots of electrical outlets so I was even able to charge my phone.  Mandy getting ready with my favorite Cactus cup!  For anyone who doesn't know, the Neon Cactus is a bar at Purdue, where every Thursday you can either buy or bring your big plastic cactus cup, and they will fill it up as many times as you want with cheap cheap alcohol.  Scott and I still have a bunch of them, and we actually remembered to bring them to Indiana with us.  This one is my favorite because it's purple!!


And Beth waiting for us slow people:


One thing I used to love about campus was the subwalks.  A lot of the buildings were connected underground, which was convenient when it was raining, snowing, or super cold, which it was a lot of the school year.  I traversed the subwalk between the Union and Hicks library many times.  FUN FACT:  All of Hicks is underground, so I guess the books are safe or something?  I don't know.  Downside: when you spend hours upon hours closed off in Hicks studying with no windows, it can get pretty depressing.  I studied there a lot my first couple years, but I started studying in Stewart library later mainly because it was prettier.


 We headed over to the Cactus; Lorraine and David met us there:



We danced until 2:30 or something along those lines, then headed back to Lorraine's, where she and I stayed up too late talking.  I was so happy to see old friends again!!!  It was a fun night.

I kind of forgot to take pictures the rest of the weekend, but we did a lot more.  On Friday when we woke up (around noon or so), Scott and I headed over to my grandparents' to visit with them for a few hours.  We talked about all kinds of stuff, and I showed them a lot of my pictures and stuff.  And it sounds like my grandparents are coming to terms with the fact that Scott and I live together and aren't married.  Hooray!

At 5:30 Scott and I headed over to campus to pick up my sister Amy, who is lucky enough to be going to Purdue!!  Her birthday was the Friday before (the day of Kelly and Mike's wedding), so we went out to the Olive Garden and had a yummy dinner to celebrate.  Scott and I were pretty tired from Thursday night still, so we all headed over to Wal-Mart and picked up Tron Legacy to watch.  We watched it with Amy and one of her roommates, and I fell asleep for part of it.  Oops!  I had seen it before at least.

Scott and I had talked about going out to the bars later on Friday with friends, but by the time we got back to Lorraine's it was almost midnight and we were all super tired, so we ended up just crashing.  On Saturday we slept in, grabbed some lunch with Lorraine, and then headed south to Bloomington.  We listened to the Wings game on the way down, and no one was home when we got there, so we caught the tail end on TV.  My mom got home, and then the three of us went to pick up my brother from his dorm (he is unlucky and goes to IU Bloomington).  We went and got some dinner, then headed back to the house and just got some relaxing family time.  We watched Tron for the second time in two days because my mom wanted to see it.

We also searched the garage high and low for my old baby photos, and Scott finally got to see me as a youngin.  I was a pretty cute baby, but was nice and awkward in my pre-teen years, so he had lots of fun making fun of me.  Thanks, Scott.  We read a bunch of old notes and journals from middle and high school, which was embarrassing but funny.

Before we left on Sunday I took a few pictures of the woods right behind my mom's house.  I really miss looking at trees in the backyard every day; everything is really ugly here in Romeoville!!



We then met my old BFF from elementary school, Sarah, for breakfast.  I was soo happy to see her, it doesn't happen nearly enough!  We ate at the Irish Lion, a yummy Irish restaurant.  After that, Scott and I went over to the Game Preserve to pick out a new game.  We settled on StarCraft the Board Game.  Since we had a four and a half hour drive home, we opened up the box to check it out.  The rule book is 45 pages long, so I read a lot of it outloud on the way home.  It's a pretty complicated game, I guess.  We still haven't played it, though.  That's this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment